Thursday, August 10, 2006

Baptists and Covenant Theology

Over at Fideo-O there is another great list that deals with Covenant Theology. This an area that I think many in the church, especially Baptists, fail to understand. We have allowed popular theology, dispensationalism, to hijack scripture and in the process make scripture fit a particular theological and world view rather than ones theological and world view fitting scripture.

I think my study of Biblical Theology has opened my eyes to the reality that Covenant Theology best reveals the continuity of the scriptures. What often holds people back, especially Baptists, is a lack of a true understanding of what Covenant Theology consist of and this list is a good place to start.

I have linked to these before but there are some MP3s on Covenant Theology at the 2005 Founders Conference Southwest that you can download from the Spurgeon Baptist Association of Churches in Kansas for free.

No comments: