Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Desiring God 2006 National Conference

Here is a link to the Pre-Desiring God 2006 National Conference videos of; John Piper, Mark Driscoll, Tim Keller and David Wells. They have been really good to listen to, unfortunately I will not be able to go but look forward to the conference recordings afterwards.

I said listen to as I just do not have time to watch them but I was able to convert them to MP3s and listen to them in my car on my MP3 player. If you have a new video IPOD or other device that will play these then you probably do not need to do this but as I do not I had to get them into a form I could listen to. This is how I was able to get them to MP3s:

1) Download the movies and put them in ITUNES
2) I numbered and renamed them as I found the names they came with were not easy to recognize when playing them. So I named them as they are labeled on the site.
3) Once in ITUNES I made a Playlist for them that kept the total run time to around an hour
4) Then I burned the Playlist to an Audio-CD, This is the reason to keep them at around an hour
5) Then I converted the Audio-CD to MP3 in ITUNES
6) I them made sure the info was correct, such as author and album name, so I could find them on my IPOD
7) Then I simply transferred them to my IPOD


There may be an easier way but this worked for me.

No comments: